Family...

The videos from the center for digital story telling had a lot to offer. I thought that each section of the videos had something different to share, and when taken as a whole they were similar to a well written collection of poems. Each video had something interesting to say, and provided a different perspective on a host of different topics.

Of the six categories of stories the one that stood out the most to me was the Family section. The "Mama Bisrat" and "Ironing" stories really caught my attention as I watched these videos. I felt like they were not easy stories for these people to tell but they did so anyway, and they told them with poeticism and heart. Many of the other stories were also, no doubt, difficult to tell, and very heartfelt, but something about those two stories in particular really grabbed my attention.

Did anyone else feel the same way about those two stories? Or maybe you felt the same way... about some of the other videos. Feel free to comment, I won't mind if you disagree.

0 comments: