Slice

I have never really thought of myself as being very traditional. Now that I have read Slice, I am realizing I am. At least in one sense. I like a story to have a beginning, a middle, and an end. I prefer the end to come very quickly after the middle, so you don't know until the last bit what truly happened or will happen.


Slice does not go along with the typical written story, at least compared to a traditional book. Typically in a written book I can become so immersed  in it, I do not even realize the end is there until the last page has been read. With Slice the option was not there to become that immersed. I became curious and did look at all the entries on both hers and her parents blogs.

Slice was a confusing story that engaged me as I went looking for some answers. Only when I was having no luck with finding these answers did I truly become disenchanted with the format of the story. I enjoyed the mystery of trying to figure out what the hare meant, and where the hole led. I just wish that I had been able to figure out on my own what it all did mean. Then again, maybe I would have become bored if I had found all the answers too quickly.

0 comments: