Slice

So I finally got around to reading the blogs on Slice... I liked that there was a blog from the girls view and then another from the parents. Each blog seemed to fit the writer, like how the girl skipped over any details she didn't want to write about and said to just go to the parents blog. Then on the parents blog, there were pictures of the house and links to the houses they were looking at... I found that parent-like, having a blog that shows off their new house, while the childrens blog just has pictures of the weird things she has found in her creepy old room.

On the other hand, I don't appreciate that they left me hanging. I mean, it is good that you are able to come up with your own ending since they both left off at the same spot, however if it were up to me : the parents went down into the hole, found the girl who just happened to be  sitting at a table for a tea party (haha) that hare brought her to ( I agree with some of the other bloggers that I read posts from, the story did  seem a little Alice in Wonderland-esque...) and then got her out of there. They packed up their bags and then got on a flight right on back the U.S. Maybe that is just a teenage reader's point of view, because I noticed on the parents blogs some of the older readers who commented had agreed with them on their move. I for one would not forgive my parents for a while if I were in her shoes, with "teen angst"  ( what non-angsty teenage girl actually likes Emily the Strange? ) levels at their highest, for moving me not even to a different state but a different continent. 
I noticed reading the comments on the blogs that some of the accounts were created the same time of the story being posted. Did they actually make a whole account just to comment on the story? Did the writer of the story even read the comments ?? I also noticed that the mother mixed up the car crash with a plane crash and covered it up saying that her husband was taking care of it all and she was just so distraught over the news, but when people commented her correcting her that it was a car accident and not a plane, she did not go back and edit the post but kept it the way it was originally posted. I wonder why the author made that mistake intentional? Also on the girl's blog she said her parents shut down her myspace, but for one thing the date of the last log in was in february when the blog was made in march, so it had to have been a while before they even moved..and it says she is from california but the story made it seem like she was from florida because that is where the other family went when they had a house swap... how did her parents get her passwords anyway?
Although I like reading complete stories... I enjoyed this one in the end anyway. I thought it was weird at first to write an actual story on a blog, but it seemed well put together how the author made both blogs, an actual myspace account for the girl, and an email account for us all to check out. I still don't understand the Twitter, it says they are text messages, but who were they texting?

0 comments: