Rooms

I recently decided that my dorm room looked too generic. So I had some friends come over to help me move my stuff around. They were great. They wanted to make sure I stayed safe, so they supervised to make sure nothing could fall on me. They helped, well one of my friends helped. The other two laughed a lot and gave directions. We got my room all switched around. And they decided it was too harsh, so they made me move the furniture around some more.

Now I have one of those big wardrobes that is not attached to anything, but when it is full of clothes, a little heavy. They decided that was what I needed to move, by myself. So I moved it, got it where they told me to, and they said that it didn't look good like that, I should turn it around.

In my room I have a box attached to the wall, I like it, it gives me more storage space. When trying to move my furniture around, it just gets in the way. Of course, I also rented a kit to loft my bed, high enough for my fridge to go under it and that is it. We had very limited choices of where to put my stuff. Yet we managed to make it so that my stuff had to keep getting moved.

I now have my furniture where I want it. Well, the furniture I have. I might have to get my chair up here, I have made it so that I can't watch movies with my roommate from anywhere... so much for careful planning. And the whole thing only took an hour. In my opinion that was a very well spent hour.

1 comments:

Kaleb said...

I was considering moving stuff in my dorm around. My roommate is really anal-retentive, though, so I didn't. I think he would have an aneurysm if I moved anything. So I have a very standard dorm room. Even the walls are fairly bare. I can't bring myself to hang anything up.

It's a sad life, but I am glad that you moved stuff in your dorm to where you wanted it. Customization is fun.

(I helped a friend rearrange her room. After an hour of work we realized we'd moved everything around and it had, somehow, all ended up almost exactly where it had started. That wasn't a well-spent hour.)