Final project?

I guess the required post this week is about the final...


Imagine if you will, what Edgar Allen Poe would have done with the use of Microsoft Word. That is the basis of my project. I chose Poe because, one, he is one of the best writers ever to live, two, he writes short stories and poems best, and three, he is a crazy mother fuc**r. (Actually... it would be more accurate to call him a crazy cousin f**ker... but that isn't my point) His writing style fits my purposes well, and I think that had he had the use of a computer and the glorious things it can do with text formatting, spacing, color, etc. he would have put the digital writer/artists of today to shame. Maybe that's because cocaine and laudanum ran amuck those days... but whatever the case, he is a freak-genius, in every sense of those words.



She's gonna ask us something,
On Edgar Allen Poe,
I know it, I just know that,
Any moment now she's gonna call on me
and ask me something I don't know...
On Edgar...
Allen...
Poe.

Edgar Allen, American poet
Born in eighteen hundred and nine
Wrote "Park Robin" and "My Darling Clementine"
Published "Tamberlane" in eighteen twenty-seven

If you're listening Heaven, Heaven, help me, help me!

-Excerpt from "Edgar Allen Poe"
The Peanuts Musical

Yup.

1 comments:

M. Haji Bigman said...

oh, that poe. it seems there is much I didn't know. imagine, if you will poe on a computer, that is just funny to see. I bet he would have had such simple enjoyment out of increasing the font in an instant. or spacing one letter far down on the page. your right, poe was an incredible artist and i bet his work would have been great in digital format. sounds like a great place to start a digital work.

good luck