was there a required post?

So heres the deal: I don't actually remember if we were assigned a required post or not. I mean out of 6 that we were supposed to do, there should have been one right? Being that i don't know if we had a required post, i certainly don't know what the topic of it was supposed to be. Following the trend of everyone else who had to make up 6 posts this week, I'll just write a post about that final project we had to do.

At the beginning of the semester, when we got our syllabus, I was excited for that digital story we would have to make. I was not looking forward to the next project listed, the 26 lies/1 truth one, but then i saw that the final project could be anything! I was certain that I would enjoy making the digital story, and way back in September I figured I would do that for the final project as well, many months later in December.

Then Thanksgiving came, and the time i DID NOT spend posting, i wasn't thinking of ideas for my project either. 

Then school started again, and I got to class with no material at all to work on my project with during class. That day, I had to resort to the last thing.

The paper.

The paper = my worst enemy.

All through high school I hated english, because we had to read boring books, and then write boring papers on them. For example, Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. What a bore. I knew that I would be able to find some better class to fulfill my college english requirement with, and I did.  On Computers! Who even knew electronic literature was out there? 

With exposure to all these cool/not cool digital formats in English class, what did i do for my final project? The last thing I would ever have to do for my last English class I would ever be forced to take? Write a stinkin' paper. Just like high school English all over again. Honors American Literature might have possibly ruined me.  I could have done something cool and creative. I used to be creative. Now I should just go bury myself in a hole or something. Go find that chick from Slice. I don't actually remember what her name was. I can't believe I let myself resort to a stinkin' paper.

1 comments:

M. Haji Bigman said...

yea, the required post was on your final project. so you lucked out, and did it on your final project anyway. but yea, the ability to do so many things is pretty sweet. i think its a pretty sweet aspect of the class. good luck anyways.