I'm a new man.

This post is pretty closely related to my last one about my brother's wedding, but I neglected to mention a couple things...


You all probably know me exclusively as the kid with the tangled brown hair and dark, heavy beard... Because I've looked pretty much that way since I got to school. But I am no longer that person I once was. I didn't want to look scruffy on my brother's big day, especially if I was to be standing up in a tuxedo in front of everyone, so got my hair cut... pretty damn short... and shaved off my whole beard.

I tried to ease people into the new me before the weekend, by shaving some of my beard, leaving a goatee. I had that in class one day... But it didn't quite do the job. I've already had one of my friends almost walk straight past me, even though I was waving at her! Finally she stopped when I said, "Hey... You don't recognize me anymore." She responded by saying, "Wow! You look different without the beard!"

So... This is basically just a public service announcement reminding you that the Doug you knew has changed, so don't FREAK OUT. 

P.S. MY HEAD IS SO FREAKIN COLD EVERY TIME I GO OUTSIDE NOW! So the beard will return.

2 comments:

charlotte snowe said...

haha, it is going to be hard recognizing you around campus.
but yeah winters coming...bring back the beard!!

Unknown said...

Im not gonna lie, I took a major double take when I saw my favorite Merry Dwarf walking through the Harris/Millis lobby yesterday. I guess you can still be a Merry Dwarf but you''ll have to be that dwarf of the Seven Dwarves that had no facial hair. I think he slept a lot. Anyways, way to go with a new look, changin it up on us