Weddings. Gotta love 'em.

So far in my life I've been to only three weddings that I know of. Two of these weddings have been since I started college... so just in the past few months. This weekend was a wedding weekend, so it is fresh in my mind.


This weekend will go down in my memory as one of my favorite weekends of my life. Something about weddings is just so happy and uplifting.

This past Saturday my eldest brother got married, and I (along with my two other brothers) were ushers. So I got to wear a tux. Pretty sweet. 

The whole ceremony went off without a hitch... well, other than the fact that they got "hitched"... but thats neither here nor there... Seriously though, the minister was great, the music was fantastic (my brother and his new wife walked out to a trumpet player and 2 strings playing All You Need Is Love), and the readings were wonderful, despite the fact that the bride's brother had a sinus infection and could barely speak when he first got to the chapel. But really, they ended up being perfect.

And then there was the reception... I can pretty much sum up the reception with a couple fun facts... After last call my brother ran distraction so one of the groomsmen could lean over the bar and start filling glasses out of the tap... and it was the general consensus throughout the reception was that it was the first time anyone had ever been to a wedding and been given free jello shots made by the bride's brother. Good stuff...

In all seriousness though, it really was an absolutely wonderful day. I can't believe I have a sister-in-law now... I'm really proud of my brother and happy for them both. I know I sound kinda "girly" or whatever... but I love weddings. Saturday was the most fun I think I've ever had. 

0 comments: