It's Not Illegal!

So tonight my roommate and half my suitemates disappeared .. bored to death, we went through the many DVDs one of my suitemates brought. Being a new freshman unsure of what to bring to college, i filled up my mom's car in august with clothing (I didn't bring a winter coat though.. just sweatshirts and I will be freezing in the coming weeks if mother dearest doesn't send me the rest of my wardrobe soon... it was hard to bring 3 closets and 2 dressers worth of clothes I had at home and have it fit into a tiny wardrobe in a dorm- i had to narrow it down some how!) instead of bringing my own movies. When I saw all the movies everyone else had i was happy, but I missed my own collection. I also wanted a a way to copy a few of these DVDs they had, but of course there are copy protection laws against it so when you insert the DVD it will only be able to play it. Searching online brought me to this legal program just for macs that you can download, and then copy the DVDs to your computer. I think the idea of the program was that you would copy the DVDs you bought to protect them in case they get old and scratched up. This way, you already bought the DVD and you own it, you can do what you want with it. Of course I downloaded this program and copied 4 movies tonight. 

I mean there's no way for the people in charge to find out that my suitemate paid to own the DVDs and not me, right? You know, if anything i made a copy of the DVD for my friend because she doesn't have a computer.  Then I burned it onto a cd for her and then deleted the file right away. yep.

0 comments: