Inanimate Alice. Eh.




Let me start off this post by saying that I did not enjoy any of the episodes of Inanimate Alice very much at all. Generally, I found them mind-numbingly hollow and boring. There are, of course, a few exceptions to any generality, and I'll admit that at a few points throughout the total four episodes I was intrigued, piqued you may say, and a couple parts made me laugh, but all in all, I would consider it a less than enjoyable way to spend my time.

If I were to pick an episode to call my favorite, I would have to pick the "Italy" episode. This is, of course, while overlooking the fact that I wanted to reach through my computer screen and tell Alice that she is a bumbling moron for going out in a damn blizzard, on the side of a mountain, in the dark. I would call it my favorite because it was somewhat short, it managed to not drive me crazy with references to a character that the main character invented herself and then developed an infatuation for, and it didn't go into completely random, off topic, distracting digressions, as much as some of the other episodes did.

Did anyone else think similarly about these pieces of entertainment? Sometimes I can't tell if I'm just being overly-critical because I'm cranky or if I have a legitimate gripe. I don't think I'm cranky...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it was sooooo bad - why on earth did you look at all four episodes? Probably about three hours of your valuable time. Time you could have spent eating american cheese.

Kids love Inanimate Alice and teachers all over the world are using it really successful. But it does need a bit of imagination. Like you have to imagine "american cheese" has any similarity to the real thing......

M. Haji Bigman said...

haha. who are you mr. anonymous?

Anyways, Brad is the shiznet. Did you see his skill improvement over the course of the 4 episodes? Me too! lol. Yeah, that was a little bit annoying.

The phone thing/incredibly sophisticated piece of equipment for a 9(8,7? I forgot) year old to have.

One more thing, are her parents spies? I mean come on. Always "lost," in hostile, or mostly hostile, environments. Sounds fishy to me.