Loved

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not loved by my family. 

My friend's family couldn't come see her, so they sent her a new ipod. One of the cool new nanos, in ORANGE. They finally made a new color nano, as opposed to just using a different shade of the colors they always used. I called up my mom and told her, hinting that I wouldn't mind being sent a gift. She said that she just got me a new ipod this summer, but she didn't get it for me, I got it free with my laptop. Plus the new ipod touch is so much cooler than the old one, it has built in speaker just like the phone. But whatever, I don't need a new ipod so its not a big deal. My family didn't think it was worth it to drive 7 hours up here, pay for gas, a hotel, etc just to see me for a day it would have been practically a thousand dollars. I agree, it just sucked being alone while EVERYONE else I know has family coming up. My mom told me that she was sending me a package too I would just have to wait for it to come. I reallyyyy wanted to know what it was, I knew it wouldn't be an ipod or something like that, but i figured it would be something nice. So then I called up my sister to see if she could give me a hint. I thought, it better not just be my winter coat that I was asking her to mail up to me, but she said it wasn't. Yessss. A few minutes later, i got it out of her. The gift my mom is mailing up to me is one of those halloween bags of candy, you know the assortment of different mini chocolate bars that you buy to give to trick or treaters. What a rip off. I could buy one of those in the marche downstairs. Ugh. Thanks mom, I love you too.

(Rereading this post, I realize I kind of sound like a brat. I'm not, its just the idea of the thing. She told me she was sending me a package when I told her my friend got an ipod. So now i'm getting a chocolate bar?! really??)

1 comments:

charlotte snowe said...

Don't feel bad, my parents didn't come up this weekend either. In a way it was kind of nice, I got my dorm room (which is a triple) all to myself and really got to relax. Although I was kind of sad to see everyone else with their parents and those of who had left for the weekend, made it really quiet in our dorm.
But luckily for me I am going home this coming weekend and I can't wait.
Yeah, care packages can be a let down when you realize that you can buy half of the stuff yourself. Next time ask for some home made cookies or something. It makes it a nicer surprise.