Personal diary entry- Whoa...


When I was given the assignment to read all of the personal diary entries, in order, in twenty-six lies/one truth I was expecting some sort of grand revelation to fall upon me like a warm blanket on a winter night. Or something like that. But, alas, nothing of the sort took place.

Did anybody else think something like that was gonna happen?

Instead, the entries just made me feel a whole lot of different emotions that didn't seem to be tied to anything in particular. My mind was confused, and my heart was confused. I was confused. I still am confused actually... 

I feel as though reading all of the personal diary entries raised more new questions than it answered. 

On the positive side though, something is to be said for writing that can make me feel so strongly, whether it be sad, confused, or otherwise. And beyond that, something is to be said for writing that could put our entire lit. class into silence like it did today. I think that is the first time that room has been silent (with us in it) since the time in which no one wanted to record the voice-overs for their digital stories. 

I also found it ironic that our assignment was to read those, and to try to reach an understanding about "Understanding." And I didn't reach a definitive understanding of any of them. Just a little more insight.


I wish I didn't have two midterms tomorrow. 

1 comments:

drrogers said...

I completely agree with you that I was disappointed when I did understand everything after reading the personal diary entries. I do think that I got a better since of the time frame of the events in the story.i.e. when G died and when the diary entries were taking place.