A-M... C!

I didn't have a favorite entry from sections A-M (this is partially because I'm not actually enjoying this book. does everyone else actually like it? i kind of just feel like it has no point, I'm just reading a bunch of words. When we discussed it in class about all the entries that connected, I saw some connections that i hadn't realized when I read it. I hope that there are more and that he actually goes somewhere with his entries because i'm really not enjoying it as it is...) 

But I did have a favorite section, like a good number of others i picked C.
I mean, if i'm reading a book of some guys opinions... and random facts about things i don't care about, I want it to at least be humorous... Cunt.... maybe as a female i wasn't supposed to enjoy this section as much as i did. Well, he did defend women saying that if he was a woman he wouldn't appreciate people saying a cunt is the "most disgusting word." But I think he just has a male state of mind.  Us females found it amusing. It was weird at first, 10 entries on the same topic when all the other sections were floating around on random topics.  It was pretty ridiculous, but I guess the funniest entries were the creative writing and the elementary school  classes. When I think of "the c word" I think of "crap". Isn't that what it was when we were kids? Now they just have cunt, a womans private parts? When we were kids I remember "dickhead" was a pretty bad insult you used when you were mad at someone. Guys didn't find that too offensive... so the fact that "cunt is the most dirty word" doesn't actually offend women...  well, most of us. i don't know, these are just all the things I thought about as Ben went on and on about  cunts.

0 comments: