40 first lines

So, this phenomenon has been creeping around facebook for the past couple weeks. What happens is, somone makes a note that contains the first lines to 40 different songs, and people leave comments with the names and artists. So here's what I'm gonna do. Put my iPod on shuffle and let the fun begin. If you know that, COMMENT. This is like a freebie comment.


If the title is in the first line I'll skip to the next line, or to the first verse.

1. I wanna love ya, and treat you right
2. Your choice, so choose. 
3. Well, they'll stone ya when you're trynta be so good.
4. I heard you on the wireless, back in fifty-two. (oh, this one is CLASSIC!)
5. Lately, newspaper man says cheap airfare (1st verse)
6. The train pulled out, and I swung on behind (1st verse, 2nd line)
7. One last kiss, one only. 
8. hey, hey, hey, hey, oooooooooooowwwww... won't you, come see about me? (so good)
9. Stashed his trash in Ecuador, bought a good suit of clothes.
10. Day after day I'm more confused.
11. Well I'm going down to Rosedale, take my rider by my side (2nd verse)
12. Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. (2nd line)
13. When I find myself in times of trouble...
14. Etty in the room a cry, mama said she must wipe her eye.
15. She's got everything she needs, she's an artist, she don't look back.
16. Think of London. Small city.
17. Sittin' in his nowhere land (2nd line)
18. Oooow....  hey kid, rock and roll 
19. I believed I was wrong but baby now I know.
20. Found myself a matchbook, beside some hotel bed.
21. We've done four already but now we're steady and then they went: one, two, three, four.... Singin' in the sunshine...
22. The ocean liner's gone so far away (2nd line)
23. One, two, three, four. Cindy smiles in overcoats.
24. Legalize it.... don't criticize it... legalize it... and I'll advertise it.
25. It was a slow day, the sun was beating on the soldiers by the side of the road.
26. Pistol shots ring out in a barroom night
27. One-two... on the field I remember you were incredible.
28. Once upon a time you dressed so fine.
29. A devastating backstroke, all the way from France.
30. If I could have chosen where God would hide his Heaven...
31. Mama told me, when I was young
32. He bought a shotgun, cuz he was in the mood for a little con-fron-ta-tion. (2nd line)
33. I climb the walls of my mind just like climbin' on a jungle gym.
34. Every time that I see your face, something moves within my heart.
35. Oh father high in heaven, smile down upon your son. 
36. I knew a girl, her name was Truth.
37.  Oh, oh-oh-oh-oh oohh, you don't have to go-oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh
38. Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep (rrriiiinnggg) yo? Yo Biggie wake up.
39. The pressure builds, you buy a gift. 
40. I wanna live in the city, with no friends and family

Some real good ones on this list. Let's see who wins.

2 comments:

M. Haji Bigman said...

haha, I don't understand these types of things coupled with the fact that I can't remember songs worth shit. but it seems like it can be pretty fun. whats the point, is it like a game?

AKH said...

oh jeez....I bet I know a bunch of these songs if I could hear them...let's see...

1. Bob Marley -Is This Love
10. Uncle Kracker - Drift Away
12. Simon and Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair
13. The Beatles - Let It Be
31. Lynard Skynard - Simple Man

yeah that's all I got...damn... :(