home

I thought it would feel good to be home, to be able to be in my town again. I have been looking forward to being able to know people everywhere I go. I thought it would be so nice.


I was completely wrong. I didn't wake up until three in the afternoon today. Which was nice. Then I went with my family to go grocery shopping and just some regular errands. The second store we go to I manage to set off the alarm thing as I walk in. Then, for the rest of the time I am in the store, I, along with my family was followed by an employee. Want to know the worst part? We had a friend with us. He is black, and because of this, he is automatically distrusted in every store he goes into in my home town. He was with us, so they decided he might try some crap there. My sister works at that store, and I told them I was wearing shorts from Old Navy (which sets off alarms), plus the shift supervisor goes to my church, and should know all of us. I felt worse for my sister, her boss sucks, and is way rude.

I have never in all my life been treated with such distrust in my home town. I live in a small town, and I have never had issues there. To be followed around like I was a criminal or someone trying to destroy the store sucks, and to know my friend is discriminated against wherever he goes makes me so mad.

Not such a great way to be welcomed home.

0 comments: