stumble upon

im sure most of you out there are using firefox, and this is great because then what i am about to suggest was built for your browser. i don't know how many of you out there have heard of stumble upon, i had but i never actually downloaded it, and now that i have i realize it is great, and you all should check it out.
http://www.stumbleupon.com/
it is a great way to procrastinate...
and it is a great way to find funny stuff to post on blogs about.

in fact, thats the reason why i actually downloaded it, me and a friend were sitting around complaining about all the work we have this week and i mentioned that i have to post horrible blogs for english class (she is jealous that she is stuck in written expression while we are not even allowed to take that class) and find something less horrible to post about this time, and she told me to go stumble upon stuff, apparently it is a verb now like those other ones (ex. google it)

so the button gets added to the toolbar on firefox, you can't miss it, it has a little logo and then says, Stumble! and all you have to do is click it and it brings you to a random website based on the boxes you check off telling them your interests when you first download it. there are a lot of weird things out there, but some pretty cool things too. its kind of addictive, just keep pressing the button and you are brought to more and more randomess...

here is one of my favorite things ive stumbled upon today...
http://www.swcp.com/~jamii/OtherCats/
my favorite is the poptart kitten.
Now everyone say, AWWW.
not only did i get to see cute little cats, but i found out that ratemykitten.com exists ?! what? that reminds me of 8th grade when my friends and i posted a bunch of trash all over ratemyteacher.com about our teachers. gosh thats embarassing. i forgot about all those sites, maybe i will head over to ratemyprofessor.com to pick classes, hopefully i can find more classes with teachers as entertaining as ours.

2 comments:

Doug DeMaio said...

I think stumble has been a verb for quite a while now. That's why they named it stumbleupon. But, it is a fantastic way to spend your time, right? haha I love stumbing. It goes beyond just being a way to procrastinate for me though... it's an addiction. Even when I want to do something else... I can't. It' bad.

M. Haji Bigman said...

I love stumble, although I don't use it anymore. All I can say is be careful with it. This summer I would waste countless hours on it, but one day I stumbled on a picture that just looked like a screenshot of some random program. When I tried to click on it to zoom in to see what it was, I got a virus that I couldn't get off. Even with norton/avg/macfee/ etc. so stumble carefully is all i say