Sock sale


Saturday morning I got up at six so that I would be ready when my sister came to pick me up at six thirty (she was only a few minutes late). My sister, her roommate, my friend and I all went in a car together.


We got there around seven thirty, an hour early. A few minutes earlier and we could have been out of the rain, instead we stood next to the people under the roof as it rained. For the next hour we talked about books, Twilight the movie, and numerous other things. We got some smiles at how animated our conversations were getting about books, we were shouting a few times, trying to prove our points about a series. (Outlander if you are wondering, I say skip the first chapter and then go back and read it, every one else says force your way through it.)

We got in there and immediately went running to the back table. I must say, it was far more civil this year, no one was shoving, too much. There were mounds of socks everywhere we went.

After we found the socks we wanted, we went and stood in line, I couldn't get any good pictures of the line, but it took us forty five minutes in line to be able to pay, and we got in line early, and took turns shopping and standing in line.

I also got to meet up with my twin, and three of her friends. There was a guy dressed up as Uncle Sam walking around, I must admit, I wanted to yank off his beard, but I managed to resist that temptation.

I bought some socks. Then we went to the tshirt sale, which was really a tshirt, long sleeved shirt, sweat shirt, sweat pants and shorts sale. I bought three new sweatshirts there.

I love what people will do for crazy sales, this sale is something I look forward to every year.

4 comments:

charlotte snowe said...

wow! thats alot of socks!
where was this? i would totally get up and do something like this myself!
i one of those deal hunters too, i always go straight for the clearance racks and whip out my coupons at the register.

also, I LOVE SOCKS! in fact i need to go sock shopping now that i think about it. thanks for the reminder. lol.

Melissa Partington said...

It was up near Cabot VT, about an hour away or so. It was a ton of socks, that picture of socks times like ten at least.

AKH said...

Oh my goodness...that is the most socks I think I've ever seen in once place at the same time. I love spiffy, warm socks and things that are cheap - more importantly things that are cheap - :) Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Makes me want to go downtown and check out the sock store down there...

Anonymous said...

it was in northfield btw