Halo

I would like someone to please explain to me what the big draw is to the Halo video games.


Don't get me wrong, I game as much as the next guy, though maybe not as much as many, but if I'm gonna be shooting at people on my TV I'd rather have it look somewhat realistic. I'd rather know the approximations of what my character can do physically, because they are similar to what I can do physically. 

Personally, of the new generation of first person shooters, I choose Call of Duty over Halo any day. When you play Duty, as I abbreviate it, you can make vague estimates as to what your character can do. You see a wall thats a few feet tall and say, I could jump that in real life.... so.... and generally you are right. You can do that type stuff, just as you can shoot actual bullets, and you can be shot by them as well.

Whereas, when you play Halo you see a glowing orb of purple-ness and a hundred foot high stainless steel piece of imagination and you say, well duh, I can propel myself over that as long as I jump from this moving warthog and land directly in the center of that ball of purple and do some other bullshit along the way. Like seriously... what the hell is an energy sword or whatever?

Halo is stupid.

0 comments: